Total Pageviews

Friday, January 6, 2012

      Welcome Back! Today I’m going to sum up the Hollywood Fashion Show Birthday Bash! Our next task is to decide what the guests are going to do when they all arrive at the party? Pick activities that coordinate with your party theme, but also are activities that fun for everyone! In our case, we decided to stick with the fashion theme, and setup small stations with various activities for the girls to do! Our first station was setup like a small nail salon. I used a serving tray from my pantry, and pulled out all of our nail polishes and decals for each girl to choose her design. We also had a small nail file, nail polish remover and pads.

Our next station was devoted to makeup! We as mothers, always have a ton of makeup shoved in our drawers that we NEVER use! Pull out that old makeup, and let the girls go to town! I covered a table with another Dollar Tree plastic tablecloth and scattered the table with a variety of old makeup and brushes! I also purchased 4 small tabletop mirrors to place around the table, so each guest  could see while doing her makeup…the mirrors were another Dollar Tree find, $4.00.

Again following our Hollywood Fashion Runway theme, I had my daughter collect her favorite CDs and boombox. We used a small side table on the back porch to setup the music! We also plugged in my daughters microphone from her karaoke machine and used it to announce each girl walking down the runway! I had earlier mentioned that I purchased small trophies for each guest to be judged on the runway…After the girls had a ball strutting their stuff back and forth down the runway for a good hour, we announced awards for certain categories such as Best Walk, Most Attitude, Best facial expressions, Most Talent, etc. while the girls danced on the dance floor under twinkling lights! 
As a great decoration, I used an old clothing rack that I store in my garage, to hang an array of all the girls dressup and costume clothing…from dresses, to crowns, boas, gloves and jewelry! I hung everything up and set it up close to the runway, so each guest could grab something for their debut!

Those complete come our favorite ideas for a great Hollywood Fashon to be remembered by all! All of the guests came dressed to impress, and danced the night away on the dancefloor and runway! If anyone has any othe suggestions to help others a achieve an even better party, please comment below! Talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment